My friends wanted an Iron Throne for our Game of Thrones party, so I made one! It was easy once I figured out what in the 7 hells I was doing. (Hehe.) For less than $15 and and a couple hours of time, I made an Iron Throne fit for my Kingdom! If you’re having a party for the last episode, you still have enough time to make this today! It’s super easy, even a noncrafter can make it.
Iron Throne Supplies.
I’m all about recycling, upcycling, and proposing stuff while crafting. If I don’t have the supplies, my first stop is the dollar tree. If the Dollar Tree doesn’t have what I need then I’m off to Walmart.
Here’s my supply list for my DIY Iron Throne:
- Old lawn chair that was in our backyard forever.
- My trustee hot glue gun.
- Hot glue sticks (Dollar Tree)
- Ninja knives set from the Dollar Tree.
- Cardboard poster board (Dollar Tree or use recycled boxes).
- 2 cans of spray (metallic black and silver) paint from Walmart.
- Wood sticks (From the dollar tree, Walmart or around the house).
First, you need to trace out a bunch of swords with cardboard. I estimate 15- 20 swords total.